Saturday, February 12, 2011

Nothing Could Be Finer Than Reading Time With Connor

I arrived at Connor's house and he was all happy to see me, but then he turned and ran away. I thought, well I guess he wasn't that happy to see me. What I didn't know is he was running to collect his books and was waiting for me at the couch with the collection I had given him for Christmas before I was even in the house. AFTER he had his little treat from the treat tin we commenced to read.

We read Pat the Bunny, and Pat the Bunny, and Pat the Bunny again until he moved on to The Polar Bear book, The Big Red Barn book, the Nursery Rhyme book, the Foot Book, the Blue Truck book and also more than once the I Want a Pet book. He sat in my lap one book at a time. We would finish one and he would dash off to put it away and bring another one. NOTHING could be finer than reading time with Connor.

His nose had miraculously dried up and I was there for two hours and didn't wipe it once.

I fell right after his 2nd birthday party so I didn't blog about it, but the party was wonderful; sweet, cute and loving. He was surrounded by family that loved him.

Here are a few photo's of the event:
Grandma Fortener and Connor
and the menfolk...

No comments:

Post a Comment