Thursday, March 3, 2011

Nothing Could Be Finer Than Spending Time With Connor

The winter has melted away and I have been distracted with Claire's and my illnesses and injuries, but two weeks ago the daycare was closed and I was able to babysit Connor for mom and dad. Grandma Fortener took the morning hours so I could go for my diabetic eye exam, but I got the rest of the day.

Connor was sparkling. He smiled, talked, played and enchanted me with his sweet demeanor. We did whatever Connor wanted to do. He showed me how to play his computer games; how to turn on his mum's computer, how to locate the game, start the game, and then play the game. It's an interesting world when the two year old can show the old granny the how to's of technology.

It was a day of regularness: no grand event, no illness, no particular need, just Connor in his world and granny watching. He interacted with me, with the dog, with the refrigerator, the high chair, the books, toys, games and puzzles. Connor threw himself gently onto the floor as though he was going to throw a temper tantrum, but no noise came out of his mouth. He just gently went down and lowered his head, I read it as a sign that it was nap time and took him to bed. He lay down and I think he was asleep before I was out of the room.

Two hours later a smiley Connor woke up for more regularness.
He is a wonder and a delight.
We played, read and puzzled until the family came home.

Here's a few pictures of the regular event.


And I get to do it again today.
Nothing could be finer than spending time with Connor.




No comments:

Post a Comment